Partners

Barry said to me it's nothing' - Martinez plays down Costa bite claims


The Toffees boss says the midfielder feels the clash with the Spain international was "nothing to worry about" and was simply disappointed with his own dismissal after the game


Everton manager Roberto Martinez has sought to play down claims Diego Costa bit midfielder Gareth Barry after the Chelsea striker's sending off in the FA Cup.

Costa saw red after a tussle with Barry during the second half of Everton's 2-0 victory in the quarter-finals on Saturday.

Replays suggested the Spain international may have bitten Barry, a claim since denied by Costa.

Barry, who was booked for his part in the incident, later saw red for a foul on Cesc Fabregas, but manager Roberto Martinez said the 35-year-old had no complaints afterwards.

"Gareth Barry said to me – nothing," Martinez told reporters.

"He said, 'It's nothing to be worried about. I am not even worried I am just disappointed that I collected the second yellow card'."

Romelu Lukaku's brace decided the encounter at Goodison Park as Everton sealed a spot in the last four.
Barry said to me it's nothing' - Martinez plays down Costa bite claims Barry said to me it's nothing' - Martinez plays down Costa bite claims Reviewed by Unknown on 08:37 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.